Aug 18, 2023

VAST JOURNEY’S HERE AND THERE




 


VAST JOURNEY’S HERE AND THERE


Sailing across the oceans solo, bobbing about in a boat, feeling so very remote.

Yet above my head are trillions of miles of space unexplored as yet.

The planets we have named, those close by can be seen with the telescope's eye.

Those way beyond, twinkle and sparkle, like a diamond-encrusted curtain floating high.

The time it takes on crossing this ocean, seems so very long to me.

Yet journeys above my head, will take years and sometimes longer to reach into eternity.

I content myself with here and now, leaving journeys that will take much longer, for others to follow.

I will be gone, just dust for the wind to blow on to the wide beyond.



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment