Aug 23, 2023

I SAT




 


I sat on the beach, 

With the warming blush of pink from the sunset,

Changing the colour of my skin.

As my mind ranged in wonder at the change within.


I reduced my breathing slowly,

Allowing anxiety to slip away.

I did not want to retain it.

I had had quite enough for one day.


The beauty parading before me released feelings,

I had kept desperately hidden inside.

Now, cleansed by the ocean’s whispering ebb and flow,

Diminishing and whisking them 

Into the approaching night sky.


The brush of a breeze, soft and gentle, 

Lifted damp strands of hair.

As the sounds of life all about me inched their way in.

How glad I am to have sat bathed 

In the sunset of the dying day.

Making me more human before stepping confidently away.



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment