Sep 20, 2024

MY PHONE




 


I have a phone, smarter than I am, much of which I don’t understand, with messages arriving without my command.

We are told not to press buttons that appear unrequested.

Some are disguised and colourfully presented to look like those we love.

Yet they are created deliberately to entrap and attack us, with cruel, malicious, daylight robbery and uninvited calls.

Yet, conversely, we cherish our phones for emergencies, too, for communication, information, research, photography, for instant heritage and memory recall.

For every evil attack delivered to our phones, we have security barriers to contain the damage.

To repair them or produce new ones with more information we have to understand.

Working furiously to repeal and help keep us safe. Yet we have to take care to keep our curiosity in check.

Keep our fingers away from the talk button, to stop allowing viruses a way to start their attacks.

Perhaps we have to return to handwritten letters and no internet once more, however, I would find it very difficult without spell check.

I love my phone, yet I worry about the future. I hope I am wrong.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez 🇨🇦 on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment