Aug 5, 2024

HIDDEN TALENT




 


My mother sat down, when pressured by family members at a party, to play the piano. 

After grumblings and hesitation, she asked, “What would you like me to play?” 

The request was for a modern popular tune of the time. To my amazement, the melody rang out in perfection, with no sheet music. Several other requests followed.

In all my sixteen years, at that time, I had no knowledge or experience of my mother playing the piano. I knew she used to play the violin and ukulele, though I had never heard her play them either.

She never gave us an explanation for not sharing such a gift with us. A shame, as my sister and I loved music, and we loved her dearly. As far as I know, she never touched a piano again.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo by Michael Effendy on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment