Jun 19, 2024

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SHOES




 


Please give me some shoes and rhythms I can dance to.

A flute, fiddle and drums rhythms I relate to so well.

So play away till the music reaches my feet and my toes.

A tap here, a flick and click there, then tap, tap, tap again.

Legs elevated one at a time in a straight line. 

Arms raised to add to the story.

Elegantly displaying my skirt’s twirling from time to time.

A stamp loudly and loudly again, as the music challenges me to follow.

Faster, faster, faster, faster!

Stamp, stamp!

Tap, flick, click!

Tap, tap, tap!

My breath is quickening, how much longer can I keep in step.

The final beat and note comes and the music ends, my feet stop and arms drop.

Applause rings out, I am now a proud Irish step dancer.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment