Feb 25, 2024

TOSSED AT SEA




 


Tossed to the left!

Tossed to the right!

When I think I've got your rhythm, mister, you quickly slip in another vicious twister.

I'm lost; I can't get it right!

On land, I've seen the pattern, as drunks weave their way home from the pubs.

But honestly, alcohol I have yet one drop to sup.

Still, I'm tossed to the left and then to the right! 

I'm lost; I can't get it right!

I've looked forward to this voyage, for rest, relaxation, and gentle perambulation.

To dress in new creations and sparkle like a toff.

The reality is my muscles ache, with the strain of maintaining, my balance and preventing you, from tossing me to the floor again.

I'm lost; I can't get it right!

The menu is quite extensive and tempting to the eye.

Each time I think it's safe now to eat, to give food another try.

But as I stand to leave the table, my stomach's on the move.

It's tossed to the left and tossed to the right!

I'm lost!

I can't get it right!

So come on Mr. Neptune!

What have I got to do?

To change your playgrounds, monstrous waves to a mill pond's glassy gentle hue.

Maybe then I would learn, the art of standing feet apart, admiring incredible views of you.

Then I'll be okay, I'll have got it right in partnership with you.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License 

No comments:

Post a Comment