Jan 7, 2024

TRYING TO JUDGE




 


I am a miserable judge of my own writing. Some pieces, long or short, which I personally enjoy writing, or feel might be impactful for others, fail! While others, written on a whim and at speed, receive appreciation, be the subject of sorrow, masked anger, despair, love, comedy, fantasy or everyday amusing thoughts.

I have come to the personal conclusion that the binding thread that makes the impact is where or what my readers and I are struggling with at the emotional moment when reading or writing.

The joy for me is when someone writes, saying, “Thank you. You helped me out of a dark place.” Or words to that effect. They give the judgement of value and propel me into writing again and again.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

No comments:

Post a Comment