Sep 23, 2023

TRAMPING OFF ON LEAVES




 


Welcome to the Fall and Leave Falling Time!


Tramping off to school, 

With the wind playing boisterous games,

Flicking old leaves off branches, sailing slowly to the ground.

I am covered in confetti while grasping,

The whole different coloured leaves to my chest.

To press later for a collage, to present and share in the class.

Dodging low branches trying to whip my hat away, 

Made a quick grab with a hand, to help it to stay.

Glancing down at the pavement with it's zigzagging cracks, 

Already for a hop, skip and a big puddle jump.

Meeting my friends we entered school, 

Arguing, giggling, and laughing.

Jostling, we settled into line until our names were called out.

Those were the days, 

When we were foot loose and fancy-free.

However, I am quite glad, they are now well behind me.



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment