Aug 5, 2023

OUR CANARIES HOLIDAY




 


This has been the strangest holiday.

My husband started with the flu, two days before we left, I struggled with a one-sided sore throat on the plane. We both spent 4 days in a B&B in bed, coughing day and night, miserable.

We moved to a lovely small hotel where we were looked after very well. When our health improved enough we took the local sparse bus service, to some interesting places. 

They turned out to be quite a bit of fun, one way and another.

Next, we went south to the Hotel Esmeralda, a much larger modern hotel. The rooms are spacious and welcoming. Lots of free-movement areas inside and out. Several swimming pools, hope to, try one out today.

However my hair became a mess, my usual hairdresser had left and the new one was given a free hand. It was entirely my fault because I was so tired I did not pay attention to what she was doing. She cut it so badly that I will have to wait for it to grow back. It looks like a bush.

Then a rash of spots started on my nose increasing it's size and colour turning it bright red. My front tooth lost it's filling. Reduced smiling and caused a sore tongue from the rough tooth. Due to partaking in a copious amount of food, with not much holiday self-control, my waistline expanded.

So putting all this together, the only good thing I can see is, I would only need a gin bottle, to be ready for a part as the old hag in a historical play. No makeup or wig is needed. 

Does anyone have a part?



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment