Jul 12, 2023

WHAT WILL I FIND TO DO WITH YOU?




 


WHAT WILL I FIND TO DO WITH YOU?


Oh, what will I find to do with you, with you, 

To help make things seem better, better. 

I am searching high and low for words to tease 

Your sad face into a smile to make you better, better. 


So give me that smile 

I would walk miles and miles to see. 

I would stand in your gaze 

And troubles would fade away. 


You would give me your hand 

And I would gather us close together. 

Synchronised we would glide around the room 

Moving in a gentle rhythm. 


Is it a smile I see, peeping up at me, 

Revealing the girl who was hidden? 

My heart starts to beat like a drum 

All must hear, dancing near. 


When your face is raised to mine 

With a smile others too can see. 

We light up the room as your smile 

Chases away the dreary gloom. 


Now our spirits are joined sharing laughter and joy, 

Spilling our delight out for others to share 

Sending smiles around the room better and better. 

It is something we can do so well together.



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License 

No comments:

Post a Comment