May 17, 2023

ABSOLUTE SILENCE




 


Pushing off from the shore,

Rowing my concerns with me.

Stopping to float and listen.

Lying back, finding a comfortable spot.


To stop restless fidgeting.

Expelling breath to a gentle rhythm

To slow my heartbeat and control its

Wild thumping.


Once attuned to my earthly connection,

I gaze up, eyes doing a circumnavigational sweep.

A night so clear with no distraction.

Realisation hits how tiny and insignificant we are in all this.


The time we have to pack in

Misery and happiness is so very short,

Just a rapid blink.

Lying, thinking, no sounds to interrupt.


Millions of stars overhead, out of touch,

Create awe and fill my gaze.

In absolute silence, I ponder how to change my ways,

To leave a legacy of better days.



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment