Jan 23, 2023

DID YOU SAY!




 


DID YOU SAY!


Did you say?

Did I look away?

Did you try?

Did I just not hear?

Did I try to make it better?

As a dad that is what I thought I had to do.

Without really listening to what you were dying to say.

Now the moment has passed.

You have moved yourself out of our sphere and touch.

Nothing I can say.

Nothing I can do.

Nothing will bring you back.

Nothing can forgive the loss.

The pain will never go.

Never be erased.

There is hope.

Most suicides are preventable.

Listen with an open heart, don’t try to fix it.

Listen to the pain, take it on board, as I feel I never did.

Listen for as long as it takes

Listen, don't turn away.

Always encourage that difficult conversation.

We can then seek help and remain lovingly together for many a day.

Not to see you added as another statistic, 

Never here again with me, a sorrowful Dad.



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment