Jul 29, 2021

LAUGHTER SUPPRESSED




 



I covered my giggles, smoothed smiles suppressed my laughs, at the things, you got up to in the past.

The rustle at night, with chocolates disappearing out of sight, the sound of biscuits and crisps munched contentedly in the night.

‘No not me! I do not even like them, you know I never eat them!’ 

Was the irritated furious reply.

The beautiful cakes left standing turned into a shell, you nibbled them from within, leaving little trace, before they silently caving in.

Still, the proof was not enough!

“Not me! I hate cake!”  

Was said with a very serious straight face. 

Weighing scales were brought out as proof. A quick jump on, a wriggle and a shout.

“These scales are miles out, I will have to buy new ones today.”

Oh, how we miss the tussle and laughs. Covering the pain you often bravely suffered. The lovely sense of humour never unkind. 

The delight and pleasure you showed when welcoming the old and the young. They always responded to the goodness in you.

Margaret, you are greatly missed, a big hole you have left behind, but we are glad you have left pain, and the need, to watch what you loved to eat behind. 

We look forward to our oh so joyful uniting, in the fullness of time. All our love for now.



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment