Sep 26, 2024

CHANGING SEASONS




 


Cooler weather is on its way. 

Warmer clothing was brought into play. Summer favourites are to be folded and put away.

Warmer, heavier shoes brought out to wear, tucking away my comfortable flip-flops.

Raincoats rainproofed, with hoods: mine slips over my eyes; not good. 

I might walk into something hard while blinkered, a challenge I must tackle if I do not want to sustain an unexpected injury.

Hot soups, prepared and frozen, ready for a quick snack before or after a winter stroll.

Brooms and green bags for swept-up leaves, dead flowers and bush pruning. 

Bird feeder and drink preparation for the delightful birds who provide much-needed winter entertainment.

Time now to tuck into my cosy dressing gown and sip a warming, pleasurable cup of tea, while mulling over the summer's passing.

We are wishing everyone a safe, happy, and friendly time ahead. 

Remember to spread a little kindness and watch it grow.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo by alex geerts on Unsplash

1 comment: