Jul 24, 2024

THE BARRIER




 


I have had a lifelong barrier, fear of writing a word.

I am intellectually and verbally firm, but when I put it down on paper things go very wrong.

Form filling is a nightmare if there is a need for elaboration and creative wording about my career expectations.

I hunt through and choose short easy familiar words instead of expansive, creative, flowing, intellectually-shaking wonderful words.

Oh, I know them, they are very familiar to me and I long to use them with a creative flourish, if only my brain could be attached to paper without the use of a pen.

If I could think them down, see them cascading over the page in fluent

picturesque abundance.

Now I have discovered a wonderful key! Spell-check, it's part of my computer package.

Now I am set free, I can't stop writing; words are pouring out from me.

Alright, sometimes I am stumped when I am given a choice and a dictionary is needed to finish the word I really mean,

On one or two occasions I still make an error but, oh gosh, it is getting better and better.

Now I will show you!

The world of words has swung open for me, I am free!!!



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen 

No comments:

Post a Comment