Jun 21, 2024

DON’T LET ME SAY




 


Don’t let me say I love you when I don’t.

Don’t let me say you are wonderful when you are not.

Don’t let me accept all the beatings and bruises, while keeping a smile in place.

Let me keep getting stronger and stronger.

Let me build my self-worth a bit at a time.

Let me tuck away a bit of humour to support me.

Reminding me of the approaching better times.

Soon I will face the future without you.

Soon I will do everything I want to.

Soon I will be beautiful again with no bruises shining through.

Music will send my heart singing and maybe a dance or two.

Now I feel confident I am on my way.

Now I will have a new place to stay.

Now I feel ready to live a new life on my own.

Oh, what an adventure; a bit scary maybe.

However, it will be my life, run only by me.

I have cut the strings and I am now free of you.



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo by Sinitta Leunen on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment