May 24, 2024

CAT AND MOUSE GAME




 


‘Hello, little mouse!’

‘You’re a cat!’ said the mouse.

‘I know I am a cat, I just want to play with you.’

‘No way! After all who’d want to play with a killer? I am off before this game of Cat and Mouse begins.’ squeaked the mouse.

‘Oh! I am not that kind of a cat I’m a lonely very friendly cat. Come on give me a chance.’ she pleaded.

‘Bye, the way do you like stories?’

‘What’s a story?’ asked the curious mouse.

‘Well, you could tell me all your exciting mouse adventures. Then I could tell you my cat adventures, that’s storytelling.’

‘What? No running about and chasing?’ asked the now inquisitive mouse.

‘Oh no!’ replied the cat. ‘Just sitting still and listening.’

‘That sounds all right, but I shall stay just inside my mouse hole listening.’

‘Great!’ replied the cat ‘After all, it would be a bit strange to sit side by side just yet.

‘You start your story first little mouse.’ invited the cat.

What do you think happened next, did they become good friends or did the cat live up to its reputation as a killer?



2024 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment