Sep 18, 2023

WHAT WOULD WE DO?




 


What would I do without you and you without me?

It is a time I hope we never see.

I hope our lights go out together, so neither of us would be lonely, losing laughter, love and touch and cuddles in the dark.

What would I do without you and you without me?

Life would take on a different meaning.

There would be no welcome key in the door, as you would not live here anymore.

You would miss my silly stories and cosy natters when I am invited to depart.

What would I do without you, and you without me?

Let's hope it is never put to the test, as it is so hard to contemplate.

Squabbles we have had, lasting only minutes; making up so important to do, showing how much being together has meant.

Don’t leave me and I will not leave you.

If we have to separate and there is a heaven, let us promise to meet there, keeping the earthly connection, turning it into a heavenly one.

Love like ours should never ever die.

You should never be without me or I without you.



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment