Sep 6, 2023

MY STORY




 


I am your WobblingPen and here is my story, my journey to your hand: It all started a long time ago.

Back when first learning to write independently, the first spelling mistakes took place.

Can you imagine a face struggling to grasp the correct letters of a word, and failing miserably, two cheeks blushing ashamed at the misspelt words.

This is why I directed my efforts into Storytelling, rather than Story Writing.

My powers of observation sharpened, coupled with excellent hearing and I saw people, animals, places, emotions and the highs and lows of life good and bad flying around me in different parts of the World. I had no need of a pen, I could tell Stories.

So I picked up a wide vocabulary of fun words and wrote them down misspelled on paper, for my eyes only, arranging the thoughts into words and phrases, pictured sounds and noises and listened to more words used in our world. Before relaying them as verbal stories and sharing them.

This started verbally at the age of four. Family and friends were amazed and listened to my early Wobbling thoughts. It was only much later that the word dyslexic was mentioned.

In 1993 when my first computer arrived, with the magic of a spell checker in place I began to write my stories down for others to read. However I am still a Storyteller first, Writer and Poet second.

Now I still wander around, wondering in our world, catching interesting glimpses of your lives and mine to capture as a Story.

Join me and let’s Wobble together...



© 2023 Penny Wobbly Storyteller of WobblingPen

No comments:

Post a Comment