Aug 7, 2023

TAKE ME




 


Take me by the hand into that wonderland, 

Where the grass is always green and flowers proudly stand. 

As we wander to the place, 

Where children laugh and shout, 

Whizzing around on that super roundabout. 


Running to and fro, 

Playing hide and seek until found out. 

Stopping to play hopscotch drawn upon the ground. 

Climbing onto swings, flying higher, 

Higher with squeals of delight. 


On a rocking horse, 

Proudly king of all I can see, 

With you pushing me. 

Then the moment comes, time to go. 

“Oh no! Please can I have one more go, just one more go?” 


Soon, we wander on our way to tea, 

Storytelling and bed. 

I can’t help looking back at the wonderland,

That had been such fun for you and me!



2023 © Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment