Aug 15, 2023

HEARING COINCIDENCE




 


While I was amusing myself, browsing, through the returned book trolley at the volunteer-run library at Kerikeri in New Zealand. 

A gentleman said rather loudly, ‘I hope you’re not messing up my system!’

I replied ‘Hopefully not, as that would be a shame.’

Cupping his hand to his ear he said ‘Sorry I can’t hear you I’m deaf.’

At that moment a bookmark fluttered to the floor from the book I was holding. 

The gentleman said ‘You’ve dropped your bookmark!’

I replied ‘No it's not mine.’

‘You can keep it.’ He answered.

On picking it up and saying thank you, I had to giggle to myself, as the bookmark was advertising an Audiology service in the North Island.



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment