Jul 11, 2023

I AM A MUM




 


I AM A MUM


I am a mum and It ain’t much fun!

I have to eat lots yet there is no room in my tum.

Who can tell me what happens next?

All I know is I have the urge to find a warm place,

Somewhere soft and as clean as can be.


Where I can hide away safely 

So I cannot be seen.

Hold on what was that? 

A pain, a shove.


Oh my, there’s a little moving wet lump.

I moved to give it a lick, 

To remove stuff that began to stick.

A little nose popped through and started to mew.


Once more pain and a shove, 

I was at it again.

Another lump then another,

How many more kittens am I going to have to mother?


After it all stopped, 

I shuddered looking around,

To check on my four newborn kittens, 

We gathered up close,

The milk bar I carry below me was quickly discovered


They whimpered, 

Struggled with one another, 

Suckled and kneaded,

Till slumber took over 

And they snuggled up warmly beside me.


I sighed looking down, 

You are my responsibility now

Till you finally move away freely,

Taking all the lessons 

I will try hard to teach you one at a time.




© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment