Jun 24, 2023

SMALL FACE




 


SMALL FACE 


I am a small face looking out from the small place 

Where I was born. 

I search the wide horizons, wondering what is beyond. 

I want to be out there on an adventure, 

Feeling my way to a better place. 


Will I make it? 

Will I like it? 

Will they like me? 

Will I feel like a small fish swimming in an uncomfortable sea? 

Will I remain lonely as I try, perhaps too hard, to fit in? 

How long should I keep trying to blend in to be accepted? 


How I feel this confusion, this dissolution, my misplacement. 

How do I stop the pull on my heart strings, calling me home? 

This small face is now turning, with yearning, 

To the small place I come from. 

The question is: will I now be allowed to fit back in? 

Bringing new ideas to the small place I was born. 



© 2023 Penny Wobbly of WobblingPen

Photo: Pixabay License

No comments:

Post a Comment