Aug 3, 2022

The Penny Anna Playground




 



The other day I was led astray

To a better place, I will admit

Joined the engrossed audience

Stopped and then did sit

In my head, I went to places

Not visited for so long

Yet here and now with this singing cow

Felt again I do belong.


The Penny Anna playground

Where everything is fun

Boys with toys and girls with curls

Dance under smiling Sun

The animals have their stories

The good in each shines through

Sometimes it has guest tellers

Maybe more than two.


It has no fixed location

In fact, has more than one

It is wherever has a reader

As each chapter has begun

A playground that's a classroom

A classroom that's a hope

A hope for encouraging young ones

In wisdom and how to cope.


Penny Anna is, in fact, two ladies 

Of equal importance in my story 

Both deserve the recognition 

Both deserve the glory 

Two outstanding figures in real life 

Weaving it with make believe 

Inspiring others to do something 

Seeing what they could achieve ,



Ian Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment